jueves, 5 de mayo de 2011

CONVOCATORIA: SILLAS VACÍAS EN APOYO A LA DISIDENCIA CHINA



"To me, just hunging pictures in a museum is not enough.
Once you discuss about art you can not avoid really to talk about individuals and freedom of speech.
I have very strong reason to show my opinions towards this society because my family, my father´s generation, so many people sacrified their life.
He was in jail and he was exiled for almost 20 years.
But till today there are not much change. On the surface is very peaceful, prospered, but still they can do, you know, they can act very violent towards differents opinions.
China has very limited space form political reform and very strong censorship.
I wouldnt think myself as a radical.
if somebody have different opinion choosing different form of expressions in China you are radical.
But if i am in the West I think it is very normal, you know?
I thing being an artist in china it means you have to find a new way to express yourself
and you encourage individuals to have more imagination.
I don´t want to stop myself.
if... maybe i will be stopped by some other kind of force.
But, life is like that, i think you have to take chances".

Ai Weiwei. A conversation. 12th October. Tate Modern.


Esculturas de Ai Wei Wei se instalan a las puertas del Central Park de Nueva York.
Slow walk in Tate Modern in support of Ai Wei Wei

En Catálogo Biblioteca de Bellas Artes:

Ai WeiWei/ Karen Smith, hans Ulrich Obrist, Bernard Fibicher
London: Pahidon, 2009.

Ai Wei Wei: works 2004-2007/[text, Philip Tinari, Peter Pakesch, Charles MErewether).
Beijing; Luzerne: Galerie Urs Meile, cop. 2007.

Ai Wei Wei: works: Beijing 1993-2003/[Editor, CHarles Merewether] [Beijing]: Timezone 8, imp. 2003

No hay comentarios: